Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Saying goodbye

Pardon the FLASH! washout color.
Sometimes it's hard to say goodbye to the one's we love.  Then again, sometimes we are glad to see them go.  Don't let the humi-door hit you on the a$$ on the way out.  This is how I felt about the Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #2.  Let me start out by saying, I KNOW that there are a ton of different brands and vitolas out there, I don't have to love them all.  But people played this cigar up like the second coming of Don Johnson.  And then I smoked about 3-4.  And then I thought, hmmm.  Not a good purchase.  Don't get me wrong, these are excellent cigars, and aged now 5 years hence, maybe finally worth what I paid for em.  But I can find this flavor on any shelf in my local brick and mortar cigar shop.  No need to draw undue attention to myself with the gub-mint to get this taste.  So I let them go this week. 
Off to another home where they can they can receive the care and attention they need.  It is the kind of cab where you just know you are gonna get 50 good draws.
I smoked one up expecting some kind of validation for my cruel act of banishment.  Not gonna happen today.  This smoke is easy, breezy, beautiful.   Really nice floral and herbal signature, with a toasty blond flavor of well-aged tobacco.  Good steady burn, if a bit fast.  LOADS of smoke and taste.  If there is one get out of jail free card for me here it is that the flavor is light and grassy, and maybe there is not enough cigar here for me.  I need the space, I can't lie.  But it is sad to see these go.
Vaya con Dios my darleengs.

No comments: