Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Morning Nugs

Ah here we are on another glorious morning I should have called in sick for.  Took some photos last night for the lovers of poar-no.  I don't know about you, but a shot of a beautiful box of cigars in just the right light is a beautiful ting.  It's what made me finally go out and get a digital camera. 
Well, that and the ability to take pictures of myself naked.  And by myself, obviously I mean hot teenage naked chicks. 

One of my favorites of all time is the Bolivar Belicosos Finos.  They are never all that pretty to look at, and personally I just think it's a pointy robusto, but man, are these cigars fantastic.  They get a great mention in Blackhawk Down.  But that's not why I got em.  They also get great mentions on cigar forums.  Well, not so much anymore.  BBF fandom seems to be on a waning arc.  Which is a real shame.  I can't think of another campana that is as good.  Easy trick, it beats the La Punta, the Belicoso from Sancho Panza and the not too snappy RyJ Belicoso.  Out of that stable, the La Punta can keep up.  And all of em have some fans that stick up for em.  But the BBF is king of the hill.
The incredible lip-smacking tanginess and power of this cigar is legendary.  And maybe the best ever are truly legendary.  Lots of former fans say this cigar just can't hang anymore.  Either they have moved on or the BBF has fallen down.  The one I am smoking right now is a 2005.  It is not burning all that straight, but it is just loaded with spicy creamy power.  If you concentrate, you get some sweet, figgy, salty taste.  Giant, billowing clouds of smoke issue forth from it's mighty coal-fired end.  An hour and 15 mins worth of pure pleasure.  It's got kind of a blunt room note, but I live alone, so...
These cigars should be bought onsale for best results.   Or pay top dollar for a box of good aged ones like I am nubbing now.  They are nothing to run out and get today, but any good, solid home humidor or cigar collection is incomplete without them.  They are simply one of the top 10 most enigmatic habanos on the planet.  This is what all of the great powerhouse smokes like the Oh-pus X and the Chisels and such are all trying to BE.  Enough talk.  Let us all go out and get two cabinets of Bolivar Belicosos Finos today.

No comments: