Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

If I had known THEN...


Here is a poignant photo.  This was an intact box of Bolivar Lonsdales when this photo was taken.  She was about to lose her maidenhead to a lusty bachelor.  To say they don't make em like this anymore is a cliche', but pull up a chair, cause I'll be using it at least once a week around here.  Get used to it.
As I was about to put the flame to the cigar missing from this photograph, I never thought I would see the day when I put the flame to the LAST one out of the box.  But a man has to smoke SOMETHING at lunch.  I think other people have smoked more of these than I ever have.  I might have had 7 or 8.  But I am having the one that matters.  The LAST one. The one that says I am secure in my decision to break up a box that today would probably be worth twice what it cost to buy back in 2001.  This is a smooth and chocolatey delight.  You can smoke this through the nose from start to finish.  It's like the Monte #1 and the Cohiba Siglo 3 and the ERDM Tainos got in a wicked three-way and had a baby with no birth defects and achieved a level of success that it's parents could never achieve.  My baby done graduated Law School.  The burn is straight and true and the draw is about 65% open with just a tug of resistance.  The oils in the leaf form a shiny ring of dark tobacco around the ash.  At 2 inches in this is maybe the best I have ever smoked?  It's better to me than an Esplendido.  Better than the best BBF I ever had, which was epic.  Yes, this could actually be the best.  It's as if you were floating on a cloud of Boli flavors in a dream.  They were pronounced and rich, but so fair to the tongue and so lasting that it's as if it were indeed a kind of dream.  As my lunch hour began to tick away, I realized I would have to pitch it at halfway+ or nub it and be late to return.  As my boss is out today, I am just going to finish the smoke.  This is cedary in the background, mostly coffee and nuts now.  No beany flavors anymore.  I tasted leather and cinammon once mingled together.  It is strong and intense but totally smooth on the tasting.  I never feel like I have to control how much smoke I take in to taste the flavors.  With some strong cigars you have to barely sip so your mouth can tolerate the intensity.  This is intense without power.  After 1hour and 20 minutes, I tossed it at the band. 
Man.  What a superb cigar.  Good luck finding any of THESE!  But DO look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome review brother....how the hell do you not have a shitload of followers???? What is wrong w/ people , this is some of the best reviews I have ever had the pleasure of reading, and believe me I have read A LOT! Keep up the fantastic work, and now I wait patiently for the next installment!
-Tommy