Search This Blog

Sunday, October 17, 2010

WHAT?? I thought you didn't SMOKE THOSE?

To deflect the criticism right off, I ordered these to get a cutter from JR Cigars.  If you do not HAVE the Montecristo Surgical Steel Cutter, then you are wasting time.  What if they all just disappeared and you didn't have one yet?  Don't be a chump.
Anyway, I give these to the troops in the hot place and keep the free cutter.  But I am as curious as any other man, and I kept a tin for me-self.  If they are good, I'll smoke em, if they aren't, I have a friend who will take em.  After smoking one, I am torn.

Presenting the Montecristo White Pronto Petites from the Dominican Republic.  This is kind of a Perla sized demi corona and is...hang on....snip-tear-rip....a mixed filler cigar that maintains a decent ash.  That's from the bits of tobacco that are just a little longer than your standard cut filler that comes flying out of the end of the cigar into your mouth while smoking.  The flavor is as you would expect, constantly exhibiting whispers of cream, mint, pepper, cocoa.  But because the tobacco that may have caused that delicious flavor is a shred, it's gone in no time.  So there is no signature flavor, but it is a cool-smoking, quick, delicious little smoke.  Unfortunately for Altadis USA or whoever the heck makes these, they won't be selling any more to me...I don't smoke that stuff. Hahaha.  

It's hard for me to give them a score, it's just a little after-dinner mint.  but since that's what I do, ahhhh, let's say a 72.  Tasty, slightly satisfying, and non-threatening.  You can smoke it without thinking about it too much.

No comments: