Search This Blog

Friday, October 1, 2010

Bolivar Coronas Junior 2003

My favorite cigar, hands down, bar none.
Not too easy to say that, given the excellent cigars available from habanos, but then this is no JUNIOR cigar.  This particular example is BEAT UP.  It is squared off and tightly packed.  And yet I have no fears about a poor draw. 


I clip it and it lights right up and slaps me across the face with a giant blast of powerful habano goodness.  Bold strikes of leather and spice, with a creamy, round undertone from the first puff and loads of smoke.
The cigar burns laser straight, the draw is medium and offers loads of delicious smoke.  I taste butter, herbs, sweet spices, toffee and cream.  I have never had a bad Bolivar Coronas Junior and I suspect I never will.  These are sporadically available and boxes should be stocked in threes and fours when available and onsale.  it has long been my opinion that habanos never shines as brightly as when it offers a minuto or perla.  The Montecristo No.5, the Partagas Short, the San Cristobal El Principe, the Ramon Allones Small Club Corona:  All spectacular cigars featuring wonderful flavors, construction and value for the price.
I think it's clear that I enjoyed this one.

And while we are on that subject, take a look at the lineup for this weekend.
many reviews to come, obviously.

No comments: