Search This Blog

Saturday, October 2, 2010

La Gloria Cubana Medaille d'Or No.3

A wonderful cigar for a gorgeous fall morning that isn't actually fall....is it?  Yeah it is, right?  Anyway.  Lit this up while I built the fire for today's smoking of some baby back ribs and some chicken wings.  Firm draw that gives up good enough smoke, the smoke gentle and creamy with a little orange peel and lemon zest notes in the background. 

Burn was great, but pics are short, as I was busy smokng meat.  Poured some Bacardi Select with some Dad's Root beer into an insulated mug for a beverage.  The sharp, sweet root extract paired well with the cigar, and between the dog wanting some love, the meat in the smoker and revelling in the beautiful weather, I barely noticed the cigar.  But it was a great smoke all the same.  The firm draw helped with forcing me to draw gently, but knocked a few points off the score. I give it a solid 78.
As for the ribs, a hair too much smoke I think, and all I had was oak to smoke with, so they only rate a 98.

No comments: