Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

NEVER ceases to amaze me!

I was in Jackson, TN a few weeks back to smoke with a friend of mine, and it became clear right away that we hadn't done enough planning or thinking about the mini-herf.  The beer at a street festival was not yet for sale, and the bar we had intended to smoke and drink at was not open for two hours.  WE WERE lucky enough to buy a few Yuengling's apiece from the vendor after all, a lil under the table sale, and we walked for what seemed like 15 minutes until we stumbled upon a bench outside of a popular restaurant.  I reached into my box and pulled out a 1998 Los Statos Deluxe Delirios.  This is nothing but a machine-made piece of junk, but man does it ever satisfy me.  It is hard to imagine that a 15 year old cigar composed of chopped up havana cigar scraps could BE THIS GREAT.  I taste fine handmade cigars costing 20-30 bucks all the time, and this 55-center NEVER ceases to amaze me.  The range of sweet and spicy and totally indescribable flavors is SO wide and SO good.  Perfect burn, perfect light, perfect draw and even for a MM cigar, it rarely self-ashes on me.  I think I have 30 or so of these left, and you can see here,
 http://olscigars.blogspot.com/2012/03/los-statos-deluxe-delirios-1998.html
I seem to find the time to smoke them regularly.  There was a time when I had 3-400 of these on hand.  But the problem with a cheap cigar is they are so easy to give to people as gifts.  And out of 50 I smoked personally and 30 I have left, you can see that had to be a lot of giveaways.  But in the end, I am sure now as ever, the people that got these handed to them by the onesies or by the box of ten, thoroughly enjoyed their cigars.  Simply amazing......94 points.  Perfect in nearly every way.
If you really look you can find these to this day, but look hard and swallow harder, cause they ain't cheap no mo.

No comments: