Search This Blog

Friday, June 1, 2012

Cigar 2 for the Memorial Day Weekend.

I smoked a few cigars over Memorial Day weekend, and one of the three failed to get burned because it would not draw properly in the pre-light test.  More about that Montecristo A later.  Of course the way the blog is structured, you might read about it FIRST, so let's hope you read this entry first instead.  The three cigars I wanted to smoke that weekend posed for this publicity shot on Friday night of that three day weekend.


The second cigar out of this little trio was a tubo-packed  Montecristo Petit Edmundo.  




I still don't get this cigar.  It is supposed to be such a unique cigar, packed with sweet chocolate and herb flavors and toffee and cream and I JUST DON"T GET IT.  They LOOK great, with oily if veiny wrappers, sometimes they feature good construction, but I have had a half a box and a couple of cartons of tubos, and I have yet to have more than one good one.  (And I admit, that ONE was stellar.)




But this cigar was not so hot.  It burned extremely well, and even slower than "extremely".  There was a decent amount of tea, with only a little spice.  The only time I tasted chocolate was in the tar at the end of the smoking experience.  STILL, the cigar gave me an hour of easy smoking, didn't have to think about it much, and I let it go a LOOOooong time without ashing it.  And it was NOT terrible.




All I really wanted was some cocoa powder like a real Montecristo, and like the best one of these I ever had, back about one year ago by Lake Erie at Sandusky Bay.  I am not looking for better taste because I have a lot invested in these cigars, but this is a havana cigar, and not just that, but a havana cigar that the corporation that markets the havana cigar hangs one of it's many hats on.  And I just don't get it.  I have about 30 more of these, and I intend to smoke all of them, so there is time left to get it.  But for now, i just don't get it.  A good cigar, but not a good scorer.....I give it an 80.



No comments: