Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A hole in the weather

Well as most people know from living it, it's been a little COLD of late, and next week here is looking like ridiculously cold weather again, but today we will reach 50.  And heck, it's super bowl Sunday, so I am going to open a window, vent some warm air I already paid for, to clear some smoke and review some cigars.  But as it's been a little boring here lately, we are going for some cigars with pull.  I'll smoke and review a 2007 Cohiba Siglo VI, a Vegueros Seaone and maybe something else of note.  I had planned to smoke a Montecristo Sublime, but the box was SO perfect and had an aroma SO chocolatey and dank...well, I just couldn't do it.  I will save that for a spring day full of promise.  In fact as I type this I KNOW where I will smoke it.  My sister and I meet in New Orleans for a little peek at our old stomping grounds and a chance to revive old attitudes of superiority over all mankind.  When you are a New Orleanian, what else can the US show you??  You have it all.  Now we are both in other parts of the country and at least SHE loves her life and surroundings.  Neither of us misses the oppressive sponge of heat and funk we used to walk out into on summer, even SPRING days at times.  She gets her fall leaves, her snow, her precious seasons, lol.  I basically get the same thing I had then, now with shorter summers, cooler winters.  But the river is never far, the familiar sounds of ships announcing their presence, trains blasting away in the night, the sandly loam fields and willow trees lining the banks of the Mississippi and popping up everywhere river sand is used as fill.  It is less flat here, and the food and nightlife are still advertised as big draws.   But I am 6 hours away from New Orleans and it will be a good thing to get back and also have family there with me.

Where was I again??

Oh yeah, I will smoke that Sublime in New Orleans.  I will also have a special Mardi Gras section a few weeks prior to that and who knows what that will entail.  It might be a rare sidestep from the usual "all cigars" format, I can tell you that.  Man do I need my Mardi Gras break.  OK, check this space later today for the Cohiba Siglo VI 2007...

No comments: