Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Juan Lopez Corona

Rushed my sinuses today and tried a Juan Lopez Corona that...sigh...SOMEONE...gave me up in Ohio this past summer.  That's IT.  I am writing this stuff down from now on.  It's just disrespectful.  


Well, I had a friend over for some BBQ and beers and laid out some baby back ribs and some beef ribs.  Cut this cigar and enjoyed it after the first check of the meat, it was very tasty, but my olfactory setup is not quite there yet after a solid week of snotfest following 3 days of sickness as described earlier.  It had a heavy tea flavor, some spice and a medium creamy body. 

This is a perfect smoke that was wasted on me today.  You can see that the burn line was just perfect, as was the draw.  These have not been seen for some time, seems like most coronas are going dodo on us.  I'd like a few boxes of these on hand.  I should have smoked a fitty-cent sale special and tested the waters.  And even with all that going against it, this was a superior smoke.  On a good day this cigar would have touched 93 points.  In fact that's what I would score it.  It could have been a 95, I am not sure.  So here are some pics.... 

This pic is rubbed and smoked but dry.  Added some sauce and let em get crisped up a bit, also had some monumental chicken thighs.  Sweet baby Ray's is some epic sauce.  Thanks to my cousin Jim in Michigan for that tip.   Stay tuned, this cold seems to be leaving, in fact I am not sick, I am just clogged up now.

1 comment:

Heiko Blumentritt said...

Sounds good... the ribs and the cigar...