Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sick as a dog

Sorry cigar fans, I am down for the count.  I recently worked a trade show where 10,000 kids over three days crawled all over my product, and while I washed my hands when I could, they got me.  It's been 3 days of horrific chest clog and the aches and sensitivity that comes with a hacking cough.  But today is better than yesterday, so it won't be long before I get back to smoking some cigars.  I was also going to drive some distance to see my mother with some comp time I got for my trade show bit, but once it became clear I was sick, I thought why blow the time in that condition?  So I will save it for an upcoming short trip to New Orleans, effectively turning it into a long trip.  And turns out I will see my mother and sister there anyway.  So that happened.

Other than that, I sent a coat with three habanos to the dry cleaners, so I am sure he or she is enjoying the cigars.  They were nothing special.  You say, OLS, why wouldn't your dry cleaner just return your cigars?  It is neither my dry cleaner, nor my coat, lol.  A few items from a sale that had a value something like $1.50 each.  Still....

OK, what's coming up.  Having a bit of time to plan, I'd definitely say that some lonsdales would be in order.  I gave my second to last Rafael Gonzalez lonsdale to a friend recently, so I will smoke my last one.  They do not make these anymore, but you just can't hold onto stuff like that.  I think I will also smoke one of my last Partagas Lonsdales from a 2002 cabinet this weekend.  So for people who enjoy the classiness of the cervantes vitola, a bit of a treat.  Not as good as actually smoking one, but you do get pictures.  I need to smoke that Montecristo Sublime as well, but that is for New Orleans.

More sad news to report, my Mardi Gras ramble has been cancelled.  I have not missed a MG in 20+ years, though I have not lived in the area for that same time period.  I have a great high school friend to stay with, but this year his wife is jumping at the chance to take a friend's place on a cruise.  This would not be a problem since Eugene and I can certainly find our way around a Mardi Gras weekend.  But he is working security in some pretty wild hours, and who knows if he will be off or feel like hanging out.  So MAYBE it's not off, but it certainly is not automatic like it was for 20 years.  Shame, I have a new memory card in my camera and a licencious attitude.  Not sure I spelled it right, but I know what it means.  So let's put that in the possibles category.

No comments: