Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quai d'Orsay Imperiales

Ran across a fresh box of these the other day, I say fresh, they are not actually fresh, but these are late 09, so yeah, they are kind of fresh.  I just tend to smoke these rather old, so to me they are awfully fresh.  A sparkle of plume on a few of them.  They smell awfully rich for a mild-bodied cigar. This is liable to be an awfully good box of smokes. 


And Quai d'Orsay is not a MILD cigar per se.  Certainly less full-FLAVORED than the Rey del Mundo Tainos, but about the same BODY.  These are cigars for a good palate.  You have to be a nose exhaler to fully appreciate these smokes.  I am not.  I have a few of these stashed here and there, but i do not get to smoke them much.  I am a former cigarette smoker, and I just can't grasp the full palette of flavors these cigars place upon my palate, lol.  One thing is for certain, a true connoisseur needs a box of these to balance out a good collection.  Sometimes you get up first thing in the morning and want a cigar.  Sometimes you are in a contemplative mood with a cup of cafe au lait.  Sometimes you want to share a cigar with a friend who is not capable of taking the full power of a strong cigar. 

And then there are the people who just know that a cigar does not have to be powerful to make a powerful impression.  That's when the Quai d'Orsay Imperiales really shines.

1 comment:

Heiko Blumentritt said...

Those are really good cigars... QdO in general... totally underrated imho.

I've a box of GC's buried very deep for long time storage...