Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Smokies 2012 part Duh.....the Artsy Fartsy Files.

This trip to the Smokies was a costly one for sure.  Discounting the cost of staying in a luxury cabin, I managed to pull out all the stops on the beverage front, coming up with a scheme to produce a JimmyB machine version of the buttery nipple.  Mission Accomplished.  I also decided that I would not stop there.  Why not get the items to make Russian Quaaludes, too?  I also lost my best camera to a stupid CANON lens error quirk that they have completely separated themselves from, denying there is anything but a user-abuse problem with their superzoom cameras.  They have buried their heads in the sand and stopped listening.  This was hardly abuse, I pulled it out of the bag, loaded it up with batteries and fired it up to the beeping sound of the infamous LENS ERROR, RESTART CAMERA.  Oh, one more thing.  SUCK IT CANON.

I picked up a great used camera this week, though, a FUJIFILM S200 EXR.  I REALLY look forward to showing the pics THIS CAM can take.  Its a fantastic camera and I got a phenomenal price on it.  But several weeks too late to use at the Smokies. 

So my trusty Canon S5 IS was the only camera that took any photos on my trip.  And I was a bit upset this year that I mostly just took photos....very few real keepers.  So here are a few shots for your entertainment.

BEAUTIFUL ROT ON ALUM CAVE CREEK TRAIL



NICE TREE ON ALUM CAVE CREEK TRAIL




CLINGMAN'S DOME IN THE CLOUDS


CHILLIN SKINK ON THE STRIP
My nephew saw this while we were on the strip
in Gatlinburg, over the railing by the Little Pigeon River 
in front of the Haunted Mansion....scary.

A FULL STREAM ON THE MOTOR NATURE TRAIL

END OF THE ROAD AT TREMONT

No comments: