Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

363 Cigar Case, Final Verdict

I got a chance to test the performance of the 363 Cigar Case on my recent trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.  I will sum up the findings on the case by saying it performed well throughout the trip, holding a great humidity level and being small enough to be practical but large enough to hold a few weeks worth of smokes.  The only thing I did not like was the foam that came with the test model.  The entire purpose of the test was to try out a few options for foam that were in the design stages at the time.  The foam with 12 spaces/layer for cigars was WAY too thin to protect the cigars properly and to my mind, not durable enough to legitimately accompany this case in it's retail version.  The maker was just throwing things against the wall to see what stuck, but 12 rows are too many for the case size.  As I said before, other foam is available.

I was shown a new wrinkle after the test that I really like, in fact its a first for me in the cigar case foam realm that I think should separate this case from others on the market.  The foam is a totally different arrangement of more durable thickness and layout plus has a special feature added that again, I have not seen before.  I am sure people who buy cases have thought of this and even modified their own boxes to incorporate this feature, but I think the 363 case will be a winner with this new feature standard.  

So in the end, a case is a case for the most part, this one is certainly as good or better than similar cases on the market, and I see things going well for the case maker on cigar boards across the internet and at Instagram.  If you are looking for a case, check out 363's cigar case, I think you will be pleased with the way it performs.  And while I have not seen the final pricing, you could do worse buying a similarly priced item from Joe Corporation when a real guy is selling a box he created as a sideline.  If you believe we should support our fellow cigar smokers, it's not a hard decision.


No comments: