Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Partagas Short 2007 - Smokin in the Smokies 2

No sense in going too far into what I already covered, smoking cigars in a hot tub is best done with crap cigars.  Having done so with this Partagas Short proved that again.  Still, this was a fantastic cigar.  Perfectly aged and bursting with flavor.

I cut it without the camera around, so sorry about that.  I could slip a stock photo in this spot, I could TAKE a new pic here at the house.  But my readers are too sophisticated to fall for such a ruse, lol.  The cigar was perfect on the draw, and offered some of the richest Partagas flavors I have had in years.  Lots of honey- sweetened pepper notes, some leathery, dank flavors and a sweet spicy, lip-smacking core that had me doing two things I know not to:  Smoking it in the hot tub, and smoking it FAST to make sure I got as much taste as I could work in there before it began to gurgle. Luckily, the better draw on this smoke allowed me to fend off the gurgle for much longer than I could with the Secreto that I smoked the night before I had this cigar.  My brother in law began to tell me about the book he was reading, one of the series that includes "Clan of the Cave Bear" and it was fascinating, so I got out of the tub and smoked the rest of the cigar in a rocker on the deck while he told me about the books.  Once we heard our special guest arrive upstairs, I tossed the cigar into the ash-bucket and went to greet him and his wife.  I had to photograph the cigar butt the next night after a rainstorm, so the butt is pretty swollen and looks about like a cigar butt that got wet.



In the end, I will score this smoke a tasty 91 points.  Simply a superb Partagas Short.  These are increasingly hard to come by these days.  I suggest buying way more than one box when you are able to find them.

No comments: