Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

To New Orleans I will Go.....

I have a funeral to attend this weekend, in Baton Rouge, LA, USA.
I have been running from city to city seems like every weekend for two months.  In reality I have had 2 of 8 weekends off to loaf around and do 'nothing'.  Nothing is relative, I have no wife, husband, kids or anyone to do my housework for me, all that stuff gets done on the weekend.  But this weekend, I am out of town again, and with a plan to head from the Memorial Service straight out the door to New Orleans to shoot and smoke around the city.  In all the world I am not sure there is a more interesting city to photograph than New Orleans.  There are older cities, there are cities richer in architecture, prettier people, cleaner vistas.  But the combination of culture and history in that city just beg to be recorded with a camera.  

This week I have rooted through all of the ice chests to see what is what.  Seems like I no longer know WHAT I have outside of a few boxes that I have had forever and have almost never been opened.  I have so many boxes with 8 of these, ten of those, 4 of that size, blablabla.  I opened up EVERYTHING last night and took a lot of notes.  I came up with a 2007 Partagas Short to smoke, it had a torn wrapper.  So I will smoke that for sure.  I am also hankering for a big ole Esplendido.  So I think I will bring one of those along, too.  I have a few things I have wanted to shoot for some time, and there is always the element of discovery.  The weather looks like its gonna be perfect, so we will see how it goes!

No comments: