Search This Blog

Friday, April 19, 2013

Another DOH! moment

I had a review for you all this week, it was a rare NC cigar, I thought it was a Padilla piramide shape, but when I guugled that name to get the actual title, specs, etc, the bands did not match up.  It is a very well-known name in NC cigars, it was a double banded stick with a red second band and we wouldn't even be having this discussion but for the fact that I was getting ready to go back down to NO for some more camera safari action, and I formatted the card that had the pics of the cigar in progress that I took to support the  review.  But I saved the bands and photographed those, and FORMATTED THAT TOO!  Luckily I still have the bands somewhere at the house, but I am leaving for NO from work today, so it will be Monday before I can get the review up....no, that's not true, I can tell you now, it was nice and strong, not too rich, but certainly enjoyable.  It was all dark coffee and rich leather and a hint of creaminess on the tongue.  The band featured a script name, progressing upwards at a 30degree angle from the bottom left corner of the band, and I think it was on an oval background, oriented left to right as opposed to up and down.  It is killing me that I do not know what it is, I think Hugh M. gave it to me 2 years ago at the Shack, and it is the general dimensions of a Monte No.2.

More to come on this mystery, I guess, lol.

-----------

Edited to tell you that I was right, it WAS a Padilla, a Capa Habano 2010 Series.  I liked it a lot, I am still not a big fan of Non-Cuban tobacco, although i was for the early decades of my smoking life.  But i like any cigar that someone gives me, and I enjoyed the overall performance VERY much, and the flavor was not bad at all.  I only seem to prefer the soft and subtle flavors of havana tobacco to the point of exclusion of the other types.  I had two of these, so thanks to Hugh M. and the other nice person who gave me this on the same day.

No comments: