Search This Blog

Monday, June 20, 2011

Heading for the Mountains

Thanks to the generousity of my sister, I am taking a second straight trip to the Appalachian Mountains this week.  I'll be in Blowing Rock, NC this time, and I have packed up a number of nice cigars.  I THINK the eastern half of the country is headed for a bit of a cool down and a wetting up, so it should be extremely nice at the relatively low altitude of 3000 feet.  Might be spending the days above that, or even below, but as long as it's not as bad as last summer, I'll be fine.  The Smokies last year were miserable.  I'd hate to be a bear.  I have the frozen concoction machine and a travel humidor with a dozen sticks inside, and to tip my hand a bit, I will be re-smoking the disappointing and now discontinued Diplomaticos No.5, certainly a crusty, plumey Montecristo No. 4, and a few surprises to boot.  I also have some nice cigars sent to me by a reader, some Liga Privada, a My Father and a Man o'War.  They will not all get smoked, but it will be nice to get at least one in.  Going to work all day and drive all night, so who knows when I will get back to you guys, but be on the lookout for some good smokes.

No comments: