Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cuaba Distinguidos Again


This is a nice, fat cigar, about the same dimensions as a Montecristo Edmundo but tapered at the ends.  It's a large smoke that smokes very medium, it never feels TOO big and is always a treat for me.
I have smoked a few of these, and never had a bad experience.  I have no idea of what the current production is like, hopefully consistent and fine.  But I had an occasion to smoke an 04-05 model the other day while putting up a large above ground pool for an acquaintance of mine.  I am sorry that for the past two cigars there are no burning pics.  I think this really hurts a review, and REALLY hurts my blog.  But since I figured you would want to know a bit about the experience I have this to give.  I think that these are without doubt the finest of the Cuabas.  They were not part of the original lineup of four vitolas, but were quickly added, maybe 3 years after the initial brand launch, along with a Salamones.  The Salamones, to me is one of the biggest disappointments in cigar smoking,  But these Distinguidos, what an appropriate name!  The cigars I have had the pleasure to smoke have all drawn and burned like a dream, were loaded with rich, creamy smoke bursting with tea, leather, cinammon, honey, herbs, tobacco and a few tastes I could never pinpoint.  Even as I sweated out years of laggard layabout-ness and puffed the cigar, it stayed respectful and cool, never giving me any trouble no matter how much abuse I heaped on IT.  Again, I can't say how your experience will pan out if you were to get a box of say 2008 cigars, but I can recommend this smoke to anyone and everyone.  Packaged in plain dress boxes of 10, they tend to roll around a bit loosely in the box, and don't make for the best presentation, but I can easily recommend the purchase of no less than three boxes to smoke and hold.  A mere 5-6 years has turned this box into a killer classic that I am scared to hold any longer.  It's so hard to smoke a box of cigars that's at it's prime.  You think, "OK, I have held these cigars for a long time, and now they are perfect....I should hoard them!"  Not.  Smoke and enjoy the cigars that taste perfect to you, for no one knows the day or the hour, as I told my sister in jest the other day.  No one knows when the cigars will fade or we might die.  Enjoy those classic smokes while ye may.
I had to give this cigar 91 points

No comments: