Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Checking in on the Montecristo No.5

This is my all-time favorite cigar, and I will say it over and over.  The truth is always much more complicated, I have a short list of 5-8 favorites.  But this one is right up there at the tip top.  I had to change the oil in a pressure-washer on a Saturday afternoon, but I wanted to enjoy the cool and breezy afternoon with a cigar.  I selected this short stick because of it's tendency to always give the smoker what he or she wants.  Well, unless you want a million dollars, I guess.




I lit the cigar right up, it drew very well and gave up it's signature flavor of light pepper, and a heavy dose of cocoa powder and sweet tobacco.  This one was right on target for it's entire length, and I smoked it so unconsciously that before I knew it, I was burning the band.  Even the band was great.  I let it go after it had burned for almost 40 minutes.  I am not exactly running short of these, but I have far less than I want.  I could use 20 boxes of these and would still fear for a day when I reach for her and she isn't there.




No comments: