Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Romeo y Julieta Duke

I got a chance to smoke the vennerable Romeo y Julieta Duke Edicion Limitada 2009 the other day, and while it was a little below my first Duke experience, it showed top notch construction and pretty good flavor.


 My first Duke was loaded with tangy red wine notes that I found unique.  Unfortunately there was none of that in this smoke, but it was loaded with leather and a fruity, dense, rich flavor and a rich tobacco core.  The burn was a tad ragged but relatively straight and true all the way down. 

The draw was fantastic and there was not much progression of flavor, but what flavor there was was good and satisfying.  The cigar went on delivering puff after puff of delicious smoke for over an hour.  I dumped it about where you see it near the band.  It went sour in one puff and there is NO reason to ever smoke a cigar past it's prime.  Even when you think you have to have more smoke, you'd be best at that point to light up a fresh cigar before you smoke that stale, sour, hot butt.

  If I based my reviews on this one cigar, it would rate an 85, but coupled with my previous one I would bump that up to 91.

No comments: