Search This Blog

Saturday, July 27, 2013

The kindness of strangers....Illusione 888 circa 2009

I have had this smoke on hand for a Loooonnnggg time.



Neens fessed up with it many years ago when I told him that I did not really enjoy Non-Cuban cigars.  Well, he took me to school, many times over.  Just to name a few of the great cigars I have had for the first time thanks to this great brother, The Man o'War Puro Autentico, Illusione Holy Lance in maduro and candela, and a coupla Dirty Rats, too.  (THE ORANGE TEXT WLL LINK YOU TO THOSE REVIEWS!)
I have had most of the best Drew Estate Liga Privada cigars of note, thanks to the same great brother.



Well today I was out smoking chicken and a Boston Butt and it was time to smoke a cigar.  This one was a big Churchill, and it was really great.  Dark and sweet and interesting from the first puff to the last, this cigar kept hammering me with flavor, nothing really identifiable, but again, dark and sweet and rich and strong to name a few attributes I noted.  From start to finish, the cigar was also perfectly constructed and delivered the goods.  I never felt like the cigar was hitting a bad spot, and the flavor never faded or treated me to less than awesome smoke.  



The first third was a dark and sweet mystery, like molasses and pepper.  The middle third was milder, but strong enough, and more along the lines of coffee with a hint of tea.  The end got a little hot, but the flavor didn't turn, so I smoked it a little more than half way to the band from this last photo.  

The fact that it was a gift from a great friend made it that much tastier.  I have ONE MORE smoke from this bag of cigars, a fat and oily Liga Privada No.9.  I will get to that when the air turns cooler and thought turn to LSU football.

I sure want to thank Neens, one of Connecticut's best BOTLs
I score it a solid 86 points.

No comments: