Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

DaVinci something or other (Economico) and a Old Hickory hefeweizen

These DaVinci tubed cigars were 1/3 priced at JR one month sometime in the recent past, and I picked up a few boxes for the troops.  I have forgotten the name of them, but they are a perfect lonsdale size, smell delicious and feel great in the hand.  The taste is similar to most low-end Nicaraguan puros, the burn was excellent and the cigar went well with the North Carolina Hefeweizen I drank with it.  Picked it up in Boone, it was not expensive and it was pretty good.  Not much to hop around about, but neither was the cigar.  It had notes of burnt sugar, dark chocolate and tobacco, a medium to full draw and a razor straight burn.  But those flavors sound like it was a great cigar, but not so much really.  It was good, and I would smoke it again, but there is no time to smoke these cigars when I have havanas to get through.  Good but not great, flavors without being flavorful.  All in all, it was worth smoking again, but I probably won't, although I have another.

No comments: